One of my main "themes" in life is to give tools to the world that
help them express their ideas. I have this rather utopian idea
that if everyone has the tools to exchange ideas then the world
will be a better place.
To that end I have started or contribute my time to public radio
stations, develop software for the exchange of email and conferences
to/from the Internet and a low-cost computer network called FidoNet. I also was one of the
folks that started an early low-cost Internet Service Provider
Currently I am doing work as an advocate for unlicensed wireless
in the support of community networks. To that I am a founding member
of the Bay Area Wireless Users
Group, a founding member and flogger of the Bay Area Wireless
Research Network and have written a number of
papers and presentations
on the technology and regulation behind licsensed and un-licensed
I have a number of current interests such as:
Press mentions on the net...
History of atomic technology, policy and use from 1930 to current.
- The Day After Trinity is a documentry on the building of the first atomic bomb by the US directed by J. Robert Oppenheimer. It shows both the humanity and in-humanity of the race to develop the most massivily destructive human-made device to be built at that point. This is a film everyone should see if they are starting to investigate this era.
- From the folks that brought you the Atomic Age Los Alamos Lab.
- And when Edward Teller was pissed off that LANL wasn't going fast enough on the H-bomb he started Lawrence Livermore National Lab.
- The Department Of Energy is always a riot.
History of electronics from 1900 through 1960s.
- Vacuum Tube Valley is a great magizine focusing mainly old and new tube based audio equipment. They also cover manufacturing and where you can buy these beasts.
- Tom Jennings is starting to collect odd tubes and their datasheets from the 40s through the 70s. He also has an interest in cold war droppings.
Dow Corninge 3179 Dilatant Compound (aka "Silly Putty").
And if you really want to know all about me, I have a
bio that I am in the process of writing
or check out my page on
as an autobiography".